CURRENT TRENDS - METALLICS
It would be very hard to miss the current trend for metallics in the home, and, like magpies, we’re drawn to everything copper and gold here at EHD. There is no easier way of updating or lifting a bland interior than with something new and shiny.
Right now there are so many ways to inject some sparkle into your home. Here’s our top five:
1. Lighting. Copper lighting is everywhere. Buy something with a metallic interior and it will infuse your room with a beautiful warm glow. This spun metal shade fromHolloways of Ludlow is just the right look.
2. Bathrooms. This shower is amazing, we love the industrial yet luxurious feel of it. A brass garden tap can look great in the bathroom too. Keep the rest of your bathroom white and plain and let your brassware shine!
3. Furniture. Warm metallic tones are everywhere on furniture at the moment. From flattering rose gold hued mirrors to Tom Dixon’s golden tables, a bit of opulence goes a long way. (And if anyone has embraced this trend, it’s Tom Dixon). Our current favourites are these Habibi side tables from Nest.co.uk. Start saving your coppers for copper now.
4. Kitchen cabinets. Yes you heard right. I’m not suggesting a Midas inspired golden kitchen (although maybe?!), but accents here are the key. Interior designer Athena Calderone’s golden trimmed units are inspired, and the powder blue grey is looking great with the gold. So grown up and smart. (Check out the gold inside the lights again as well. Looks gorgeous).
5. Wallpaper. Birds and bees, geometrics and patterns, beautiful wallpapers with foils and metallic elements are everywhere right now. A brilliant way to add opulence and glamour to any room. Our current crush is on Cole and Son’s Hick’s Hexagon gold and grey colourway. We’d use it in a bedroom, even in a bathroom above half height tiles… in fact, watch this space and you’ll see it in an EHD project very soon!